The home is supposed to be the most comfortable place because this is where many people spend plenty of their time. Sometimes, however, it can be a little uncomfortable if certain hygiene issues are not observed. While scientific evidence show that air duct cleaning has no direct or even significant benefit to the house and its inhabitants, experts claim there is need to have the air ducts cleaned regularly to improve the air quality of the house.
So far, authorities say air duct cleaning does not prevent the occurrence of any health problems. Studies conducted do not also conclusively demonstrate that dust levels in the home are as a result of dirty air ducts. According to air duct experts, the dirt found in the air ducts often adhere to air duct surfaces without necessarily entering the living space. All the same, one should understand that the presence of dirt and dust particles in the house could be proof that the air ducts are dirty.
A number of outdoor or indoor activities carried out in the home include washing, cooking, smoking and even just moving around. All these are responsible for creating pollutants which can negatively affect the quality of air in the home after making the air ducts dirty. Yet there is no available evidence showing that dirty air ducts pose a risk to people’s health. All the same, air duct cleaning is necessary if the following have been noticed;
- The quality of air is compromised and there is no free flow of fresh air in the home. At such instances, very sensitive people, or asthma patients may sneeze more.
- After moving into a new home, unless the new house occupant was aware the previous house owner had scheduled air duct cleaning appointments.
- After the construction of a new house because the materials used in construction like cement, sand particles and dust may collect into the ducts.
- If there are pets in the home since fur and dander are likely to collect in the ducts.
- If the cost of energy saving in the home shoots, this should be a point of concern because research show contaminants in the heating or cooling system force it to work harder than it should under normal circumstances.
- Routine cleaning is important, too. Air ducts can be cleaned after every three to four years.
When the air ducts look dirty, they probably are just that and the only best solution remains cleaning them. It is important to employ the services of certified HVAC professionals to be sure the results will be impeccable. Homeowners are often advised to be wary of scams involving air duct cleaning. In case one claims they can do the job but quote very cheap prices, they are probably scammers and not professionals. For this reason, it is important to read more about a company before seeking its services.
With so many air duct cleaning companies available, sometimes homeowners are unsure of the best one. To find more details, an individual could read customer reviews to find out what other customers have to say about a particular company.